Mar 25, 2020
Compared with continuous laser welding, many people think that pulsed laser welding is falling behind. In fact, in some fields, pulsed laser welding technology is still the mainstream. For example: in the field of electronic industry, instrument components, instrument industry and other industrial applications, pulse laser welding machine still has a very important position.
Compared with resistance welding, ultrasonic welding, metal ball welding, brazing and other methods, pulse laser welding technology has the advantages of no pollution heat affected zone is very narrow, thermal deformation is very small or no deformation, high strength, can avoid thermal damage and so on.
1. No pollution.
2. Pulse laser welding machine has a narrow heat affected zone, so it can weld heat sensitive elements and elastic elements.
3. Because there is no deformation, it can weld precision parts.
4. Because it can avoid thermal damage, it can be used to weld the leads of integrated circuits.
5. Weldable high melting point materials and dissimilar metals. For example, the melting points of molybdenum ring and tantalum sleeve in klystron are 2625 ℃ and 298o ℃, respectively. In the past, the qualification rate of resistance welding was only 20%, while that of laser welding was almost 100%.
6. The insulated conductor can be directly welded. Now, the conductor with insulation (such as polyurethane) can be directly welded to the wire column by laser. However, the insulation layer needs to be stripped first by common method.
Finally, the pulse laser welding machine has a great advantage in welding components with great difference in size. For example, with the pulse yttrium aluminum garnet laser, the 60um thick stainless steel spring can be welded on the iron nickel base plate. After 100 million times of repeated vibration, the quality of the solder joint does not change, and the static strength of each solder joint is as high as 0.3KG.