Aug 26, 2020
Stainless steel products are everywhere in our life, ranging from airplanes, ships, automobiles, industrial production lines, to medical devices, gold and silver jewelry, and so on. The traditional welding methods of stainless steel products are argon arc welding, resistance welding and so on, but there are many defects, heat effect of cracks and so on. Let's take a look at the introduction of stainless steel laser welding machine and the advantages of stainless steel laser welding machine.
Introduction of laser welding machine for stainless steel:
Stainless steel laser welding machine is to use high-energy pulsed laser to weld objects. By discharging xenon lamp pulse with laser power source, a laser wave with a certain frequency and pulse width is radiated to Nd3+: YAG crystal through the focusing cavity. The crystal emits 1064 nm pulsed laser after resonance, and then is welded by beam expanding, reflection and focusing.
Advantages of laser welding machine for stainless steel:
1. Fast speed, large depth and small deformation.
2. It can be welded at room temperature or under special conditions. Laser welding equipment is simple. For example, the laser beam will not shift through the electromagnetic field; it can be welded in vacuum, air and some gas environment, and can be welded through glass or transparent materials.
3. It can weld refractory materials such as titanium, and can weld heterosexual materials with good results.
4. After laser focusing, the power density is high. When high power devices are welded, the aspect ratio can reach 5:1, and the maximum can reach 10:1.
5. Miniature welding can be carried out. The laser beam can obtain very small spot after focusing, and can be accurately positioned. It can be applied to the assembly welding of micro and small workpieces produced in large quantities.
6. It has great flexibility to use non-contact long-distance welding for the parts that are difficult to be welded. Especially in recent years, optical fiber transmission technology has been used in YAG laser processing technology, which makes laser welding more widely promoted and applied.
7. Laser beam is easy to realize beam splitting according to time and space. It can process multi-beam and multi-station simultaneously, which provides conditions for more precise welding.